Thursday, December 18, 2008

poison ivy


i live on a piece of property that is surrounded by woods in the back and some on each side and poison ivy. now, the woods is great, especially since my training is in forestry and i love creation. well, at least some of it. up until this past summer i had never had poison ivy, even though i grew up in the country wandering constantly through the woods. but, then it happened - this past summer. i got poison ivy. granted, it was a mild case, but that is really inconsequential to me. i still had it. it didn't look pretty and it itched. up until that point in my life poison ivy and i had a neutral relationship. as long as it left me alone, i let it alone. but, the ivy couldn't resist. when i least expected it, the poison ivy attacked. reached out and struck me while i was innocently riding my lawn tractor mowing my grass. bam! got'cha! it struck and it therefore freed me to strike back. which i did with a fury. the cost didn't matter. the product didn't matter. so i went to my local dealer and bought the "good stuff" and i sprayed and sprayed and sprayed. i can't say i ever had as much joy as i did as i watched the leaves turn brown. well, that's not true. i had much more joy when Jesus came into my life.

No comments: