Saturday, January 10, 2009

life and happiness


have you ever asked yourself what the purpose of life is? i mean are we here just to exist? did we just accidentally come into existence - you know, hey, here's my mom and dad, and they kind of did their thing and they had me and there really is no purpose beyond that. yeah, we'll try to be happy; we'll acquire things to help make me happy; we'll find jobs that will make me happy so we can acquire things to make us happy; we'll get educated in some way, to do something so we can be happy, so we can find jobs that we like so we can buy stuff that makes us happy; and on and on. is that the purpose of our lives? if that is then do we really have a purpose out side of our own existence? or were we created for a purpose - to walk according to a divine plan? i don't know about you but i can get pretty bored and tired of trying to wrap my life around making me happy. however, i find great joy and happiness in getting out of myself and serving others. maybe Jesus really knew what He was talking about.

No comments: